It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Problem routing web server across the pacific...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:00 am 
This has been an ongoing problem now for 4 weeks...

I can access my 3 websites hosted with freehostia without an issue.

I can access this forum without an issue.

I cannot access freehostia.com / www.freehostia.com at all - Page Not Displayed - Therefore I cannot manage any of my websites.

freehostia.com is BLOCKED from:

Home (AAPT - ADSL)
Work (Macquarie Telecom - T1 - 203.25.XXX.XXX)
Wireless (Telstra - NextG)

I can get to the website from free proxy services i.e. www.guardster.com and www.the-cloak.com which tells me that the site is up and working fine but I can't get to it from any ISP in Australia...It appears pretty extensive across Australia but it is clearly not all of your servers...

I cannot ping or traceroute to the server frm any of these addresses either... (could not find host freehostia.com)

Please help - I'm no expert and have exhausted every possible angle from my end...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:43 pm 
I tried to send you an email but my mail servers are also having problems resolving your domain and can't send.

It appears that it is not that it can't reach you - it doesn't know where you are - nslookup is failing...

I have gone to dnsreport.com and they have found the following problem:

NS FAIL NS A timeout occurred getting the NS records from your nameservers! None of your nameservers responded fast enough. They are probably down or unreachable. I can't continue since your nameservers aren't responding. If you have a Watchguard Firebox, it's due to a bug in their DNS Proxy, which must be disabled (31 Jul 2006 UPDATE: several years after being informed of this, there is a rumor that there is a fix that allows the Watchguard DNS proxy to work).

It looks like your DNS servers aren't resolving the hostname.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:46 am 
I have sent 4 emails now and it doesn't look like they are getting through to you... I am massively concerned now as I have just received a notice that my domain, under account 'altint' is about to expire...

I can't access your site to renew it!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it possibly to give me a zipped copy of the files and a dump of the MySQL database so I at least have a copy of my data???

my email is shannonw at bigpond dot com

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:42 am 
My emails all eventually came back to me after 4-5 days saying they coul dnot reach the remote host.

I have now resent them using hotmail.

I hope you get these ones.

It has become quite clear now that you have blocked all of Australia... I have tried to access your site from 6-7 different service providers and each one fails...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:19 pm 
Hey there, I'm also in Australia and I'm not getting blocked. It's been working through Telstra, iiNet and Primus...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

Some of the Australian networks are blocked because they allow spoofing on their IP's which are used for DDoS attack on our servers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team