It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Free vs Paid account features
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:37 am 

Hello,

Could you list a breakdown of which free account abilities are not available versus those available with a paid account? I'm mainly interested in utilizing PHP and some CGI and was curious if certain features or restrictions were put into effect with the free account, other than the mail options, which should a given whereas it is unavailable.

I've been researching hosts, as I'm currently unhappy with my current paid provider, and some have a restrictions where you cannot call pages, images, etc., with include/require, that are not in the same directory as the php script. The free or value package will cover most of my needs, but wanted to see about getting a detailed list that may not be really mentioned within your different package details.

Regarding domain names, I currently have two and was curious if I sign up for the free account, utilizing the freehostia name, could I later switch the names to point to my account? Is there any additional fees to do so?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

--Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:05 am 

Burton,

Thanks for your reply.

What is your definition of "Hot Linking"? I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

Thanks in advance.

--Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:32 am 

Hot Linking is when you have images hosted in one place (freehostia for example) and you want to link to them else where (myspace for example). With hotlinking disabled you cannot do this.

Post subject: Cool!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:38 am 

Googling for a few mins and finally I'm on freehostia. I'm a novice in freehostia and today I registered a new acc in here. Then I tried to test the free hosting freatures and all worked well. freehostia is really nice and fast server anyway. Thanks for FREE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 am 

free accounts are used with same service as paid accounts, if free is slowy and time outs so does paid account, this is a wary facts i consider in choosing, this i check with ip and see!

free has been slowy some times and i glad my site i pay publilicty adwords for not on here shared paid server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:05 am 

brower3 on the type of network that freehostia run you only ever get to see one IP, even though they have several servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:51 pm 
Yes jossh outside ip, but inside cluster all servers are used for free and paid i know it seeing ip in php testings, and my friend site on hostiafree paid was off when my free site was to off, i think you are only mod and not knowing all facts of servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:03 pm 

i never claimed that i know everthing about freehostias servers, i was just explaining about the IP address' not that they are on different servers, becuase i know that they are not.

Even though i am just a mod, my full time job is network support, so i know alot about networks and servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:00 am 
I says the paid servants are the same as free and many troubles we see within this about in forum!

I have many years of using networks and computers, counterstat.com has lots of records of time this service is working failed for many hours periods.

I say this for my friends who are knowing facts and help explains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:24 am 

I i didnt says that the servers are differernt for paid and free!

I read can read correctly this line

Quote:
i was just explaining about the IP address' not that they are on different servers, becuase i know that they are not.

then you would understand what i am saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:20 am 

so let me get this 100% straight

limited file size (free- yes) (paid-no)
hotlinking (free- no) (paid-yes)

the rest of the limitations dont concern or matter to me...

and basically free has restrictions where paid (regardless of amount [im guessing it has to be a package deal not just 'oh i bought a mysql database im now a paid user]) has only TOS and traffic/drive size limitations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:48 am 

That sounds right to me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team