It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Could you explain a bit about what countries are banned?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:44 am 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Hi,

As I plan to use freehostia to host a website that will have an international audience, and one that I will need to access in different parts of the world I am a little concerned about what I read concerning banned countries and IP addresses etc. It will be a travel site and it's important that it can be viewed.

I see Brazil is banned?? As is Australia?? Does this mean some one from australia or brazil cannot see my website if I have a full domain www.example.com hosted on freehostia??

Does this also mean I cannot make changes to my site while in these countries??

Please can you clarify these points. And please don't use IP address ranges, as it will take me ages to find them. Just countries.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately the countries and the IP ranges does not match completely. Due this reason we are not able to list just some country names for you. As you have read already from our article there is some IP ranges that are blocked from our system and not countries.
1. Any users that have the mentioned IPs will not be able to access your site.
2. If you try to connect to our system via an IP address that is also included in the mentioned IP ranges you will not be able to establish a connection.
You will be able to see the article again here:

http://forum.freehostia.com/viewtopic.php?t=2287

Freehostia.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:04 am 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Thanks for the information miles. What worries me a bit were several posts about some users saying people outside the US could not access their site. They mentioned Taiwan and China.

In truth my biggest target audience will be the US,UK,Australia,India, Canada and China.

As it's IP ranges that you mentioned being blocked and not countries, aside from Brazil. Could you let me know if there are any issues to my potential site not being visible to users outside the USA? Do I have something to worry about here?

Thanks

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:02 am 
Site Admin

There should be no problem for your site to be accessible from all over the world. The user that have written here are single IP addresses that were block on our system due to causing hight CPU load on our servers.

Freehostia.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:49 am 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Ah. So the users stating they could not access sites are those from single computers that erm 'may' be involved in spamming and so on. Hence their individual IP addresses were blocked? Correct?

So Brazil is the only country were people will not be able to see my site?

Is there any difference if I use pay hosting?

Thanks for taking the time to answer, nearly there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:57 am 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Thanks for the reply Andy.

I just want to make sure people can see the site in different parts of the world. As I will be travelling there myself, access is important.

What I might do so is set the site up here, and use a stat report to see if people form other countries can view the site based on visits.

I think that would be a good solution, do you think so?

Dave

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team