It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Website Forwarding
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:58 pm 

Firstly, I read the FAQs and did search on this topic. I read a few threads, but just couldn't understand them, so I apologize for this. I'm completely website illiterate and I had someone else build my site for me so I'm not sure what I need to do. If you guys have an answer for it, I'd really appreciate it if you could explain it to me as you would an absolute beginner to this stuff because I have completely no knowledge on this topic.

I have a domain registered with 1and1.com, and I have it hosted here on the chocolate plan. I want to make it so when some one tries to access my domain by typing in my URL, they get forwarded to a different website. My current website is www.livethephantomlife.com, and I want it to forward to www.thephantomlife.tumblr.com. Does anyone know how to do this? I went in under the 1and1 control panel, selected the domain forwarding option instead of making it go to home, put in HTTP and made it forward to the tumblr URL. It said it worked and the update would take 10 minutes to change, but it's been several hours and nothing has changed.

The guy who originally designed/built (and never finished) the website for me read my messages asking for help but is ignoring them. I'm super confused and not sure what to do, I searched around everywhere but haven't found anything that answers my question that I was able to understand. Is there something I have to do under the Freehostia control panel to make this work?

Thank you for your time and patience, I apologize again for asking this question. I know forwarding was addressed in the FAQ, I just don't understand the explanation there.

Post subject: Re: Website Forwarding
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:49 pm 

I think I just figured it out..

Sorry for this thread, and thank you anyway! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team