It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: How Do I Get TEMPLATE FILES ON WEBSITE???
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:17 pm 

I have already sent a help ticket about this problem, have received replies, but NONE of them helped.
I have been told repeatedly to store the zipped template's file in the freehostia control panel's file manager (as well as to FTP). Okay...store them in the freehostia file manager...why? How does that lead to them getting on my website?
I have FTP'd, but apparently it was once again lol to freehostia! ...as I let them know, I am working with the JOOMLA platform.

The bottom line is: How do I get these files in Joomla for use as a template?

I've tried a few things myself even within the Joomla platform, but nothing has worked so far: 1) I've tried uploading the zipped file under Extensions, but after supposedly uploading (didn't actually happen) it would take me right back to the Joomla Control Panel; 2) I've even taken out the template folder from that zipped folder, made IT into a zipped file, uploaded it (or so I was thinking), but each time I received an error stating that the package was missing an XML file (??).

I don't know what to do. Wow...all that I want is a layout on my website. I know that this does not have to be as complicated as its made out to be.
IF ANY OF YOU ARE USING JOOMLA AND HAVE A CLUE, PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE I'VE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE FREEHOSTIA ADMIN CAN'T HELP ME REGARDING JOOMLA ISSUES.

Post subject: Re: How Do I Get TEMPLATE FILES ON WEBSITE???
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:21 am 

Download the template files from the website where they were purchased. A multitude of sites survive for purchasing templates. You will also have an XML file associated your Flash files. Use a HTML editing program, such as Dreamweaver or Text Edit, to edit your XML file. Directions for editing this file must be linked here in your template files.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team