It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Web hosting here but email at domain registrar?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:28 pm 

Hi,

Just getting started hosting a domain which is registered at GD, and really like everything so far.

Is it possible (with a FH free account) to keep my email at GD? When I set the MX records here to point to gd's mailstore and it didn't work, I contacted gd support, who said:

"It appears that mail.neurilace.net resolves to an incorrect IP: mail.neurilace.net. It should be a CNAME of pop.secureserver.net (64.202.165.92)."

So I created a "mail" subdomain here and changed its A and MX records as above, since those are what the DNS control panel lets me manage. But mail still bounces from gd's server as "relaying not allowed."

I sort of gathered from another topic that this may not be possible in a free account. Is it?

(It's been less than 24 hours since I made the changes, but pinging mail.neurilace.net resolves it to secureserver, so I think it must have propagated.)

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:10 am 

the best thing you can do is contact {email: "support at freehostia dot com}, you can contact them via the hosting control panel, they should be able to sort out this problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:12 pm 

Please open a trouble ticket inside your hosting control panel, under the Help Center ((navigation)) for more info.

Opening a trouble ticket is quicker then getting a response via Email sometimes. ;) Email is usually used if you cannot access your control panel for some unknown reason.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team