It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: can I have an email ?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:28 pm 

sssssooo I have registered http://simonsphotos.freehostia.com and have the totaly free plan using a freehostia sub domain. now can I have an email or not ?

this is important as I am displaying my photography and am watermarking my web address and e-mail on the pictures to prevent them being reused and don't want to go thru all the process more often than necesary.

so can I or can't I have an email on a free account with a sub domain (for example simon@simonsphotos.freehostia.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:57 am 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Yes, it says on the plan that you get up to 3 free email accounts, without smtp.
This is for spamming reasons. So, no smtp means that you cant send emails, only recieve. Also, they say you cannot use their domain (freehostia.com) for email, but i have done it before unknowingly of this. lol. Open a trouble ticket if you want their word on it.

I would suggest signing up for a gmail service instead.

I would also suggest that you could register for a free domain name as simonsphotos.uni.cc as it looks more professional and you could also have an email address like info @simonsphotos.uni.cc. However, ive tried the email thing before with uni.cc and i dont know why, but i guess becasue there was no smtp, it wasnt receiving emails. But you could clear this up with them maybe. Maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:41 pm 
Getting Started
Getting Started

The free account allows you to have e-mail addresses, as Phill said. However, you can only use them for receiving mails, not sending. Your SMTP server is disabled, for the reasons Phill said.

BUT: You can only get an e-mail address if you added a TLD (domain) to your account. With your sub-domain you won't be able to add any e-mails.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team