It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Email forwarding (delete once forwarded)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:39 am 

Hi, I have set up an e-mail account for my domain here and have set up forwarding to my gmail account. However I have noticed that when I log into the webmain on this site, all the e-mals that I have recieved and that have been forwarded are in the Inbox. I just wondared if they get automatically deleted or something after a while or what the size limit is. The reason for this is that I don't plan on going into the freehostia webmail often because I'm using gmail and I don't want the account to get full and then reject emails.

Thanks
Matthew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:32 pm 

It doesn't matter now. Iv sorted it. Iv signed up for google apps and changed the mx record to their server so it bypasses the freehostia webmail.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:52 am 

Yeah, Freehostia a re having some problems with emails righht now but there are always solutions.

P.S.: By thwe way can you please provide the rest of us with a link to the Google Apps page and what exaclty needs to be done in order to use the Google mx records? Thanks in advance mon! :D

with crimson shimmering in the melted horizon.
As the red sun rises in its majestic glaring crown,
forever fades away ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:04 pm 

You go to https://www.google.com/a/

Just sign up, tell them your URL, what your site is for and how many e-mail accounts you want. I told them 10 but they gave me 25. Then they tell you what to change the MX record to. You set up an admin account on google apps which allows you to create email accounts for other users in the format of name@mydomain.com.

I had some problems yesterday though because the freehostia nameserver was down for an hour or 2 so I coundn't recieve any e-mail so I'm looking at trying to find somewhere that will manage the DNS that have a more reliable server.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team