It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: my joomla login does not send emails
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:46 am 

Hi,

I am using free service at freehostia. I created my website using Joomla. It has a module that allows users to create an account on my website. When someone tries to open an account he gets the message that an account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address. But there is no email arrived to the mailbox!

Do I have to set something up or free service does not allow emailing?

Anyone who knows, please help.

Thanks,
Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

As you have informed us you are currently using our Free hosting plan, which does not allow you to send emails (SMTP is disabled). Any scripts that send emails will not work as either. Our paid hosting plans do not have this restriction. You can upgrade your web hosting plan from the "Change plan" section on your control panel, you will find the link on the left "Upgrades" menu.

Upgrading to a paid hosting plan would also remove the 500KB file size limit, which the Free plan has, so you will be able to upload larger files.

If you have any further questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Freehostia.com

Post subject: OK...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:55 pm 

Will the cheapest plan be sufficient? Or will I learn that more bucks will give me more options, freedom and will remove some more restraints?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:49 pm 

Thanks Andy. I appreciate the prompt answer. I did not mean to be sarcastic. Ta. Jack

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team