It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Help about php script in index.php
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:13 pm 

Hi, I have index.html with a contact form in it. Can I upload an index.php page (at file manager) with a php script of my contact forms in it even if I have an index.html?

look like this for ex: http://www.domain.com/index.html and another http://www.domain.com/index.php (this is not my site) Just wanna know if this possible.

Should I put the php script inside the index.php

Do you have a php script that work for you?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:17 am 
Site Admin

Yes, you will be able to do so, but please note that by default the index.php file will be loaded automatically in first place and not your index.html page. I would advise you to name your contact us form with a different name and to create a link to it on your site.

Please also note that our Free hosting plan does not allow you to send or forward emails (SMTP is disabled). Any kind of scripts that send emails will not work as either. Our paid hosting plans do not have this restriction. You can upgrade your web hosting plan from the "Change plan" section on your control panel, you will find the link on the left "Upgrades" menu.
Another major requirement in order to be able to use the email features that we offer is you to host or to register a domain name in your account with us. You will not be able to create an email account using a free subdomain.
Please note that you will have to set either the "TO" or the "FROM" filed of your e-mail form to be an operational e-mail address created with your account with us.

Unfortunately we do not provide development or support for custom third party scripts and we will not be able to assist you further in this case. I would advise you to contact a qualified developer who will be able to assist you further in this situation.

Freehostia.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team