It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: A driver was "damaged"?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:35 am 

The email server was down yesterday, and I couldn't receive any emails or send any emails. And the very "helpful" customer support folks told me that "the e-mail server problem has been caused buy a damaged driver".

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't driver a piece of software? How did a piece of software got damaged? :roll:

Is anyone else experiencing problems with emails yesterday?

Wasn't the big data center move suppose to increase reliability of the servers? Why are we experiencing database problems and email server problems so frequently? Maybe even more so than before the move? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:50 am 

Thank you for the clarification.

I am still very frustrated about the increase in downtime in web service, email server or the database server.

Especially with database server problem, because the forum would be down, and the ticket system would be down, and it feels extremely frustrating.

I hope the situation will improve soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:08 pm 

On a more technical note, why is there such a long down time with the email server if only the hard drive is broken? Is there a RAID system on the email server? With something like RAID 5+1, the faulty hard drive can be hot swapped out and there would be no down time at all.

And with a RAID monitor, the system admin would know as soon as a hard drive is broken, and hopefully the customers would be notified and can make arrangement as soon as possible.

I really hope a notice can be posted on the forum each time there is a problem with any of the servers, instead of finding out many hours later and be unpleasantly surprised by it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team