It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: More than one subdomain with Chocolate?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:20 am 

Hi. I've tried searching the forums for a similar topic but so far I've found none, so I decided to open a new thread.

I currently have a Chocolate account which I am tinkering with (basically, just to get familiarized with Wordpress before I purchase a host & domain). Yesterday I tried creating a second sub account, installed WP and that failed miserably, resulting in a wipeout of all my posts with the first subdomain (both under Freehostia.com) and jumbling them all up. It's all working fine now but I haven't recovered my posts.

Anyway, here are my concerns:
- Would I be able to create a second subdomain with my existing Chocolate account that will act as another site?
- If so, would I need to install Wordpress on that subdomain's files?
- Would there be a conflict with my original subdomain?

I'm guessing the answers to the last two would be dependent on the first question. Thanks in advance for any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, you are able to create another site in your account using a free subodmain without any problems. But please note that you have use the same database for your two sites. Because our Chocolate plan allows you to use only one database in your account. More information about our plans you are able to see following the URL below:

http://freehostia.com/compare-hosting-plans.html

If you want to use separate databases for your sites. Please navigate to the Control Panel Add Services menu which is situated under the Upgrades section. From there you are able to buy the additional database.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team