It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: host (A) record and DNS confused
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:27 am 

I registered a GoDaddy domain, I read many post here,someone say the host (A) record is at cp subdomain,some say host (A) record is the ip of Dns1.freehostia.com and Dns2.freehostia.com,someone just say change the nameserver.

At my GoDaddy domain ,there's a strange host (A) record already exit,What can I do?

Post subject: Re: host (A) record and DNS confused
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:56 am 

michaelt wrote:
I registered a GoDaddy domain, I read many post here,someone say the host (A) record is at cp subdomain,some say host (A) record is the ip of Dns1.freehostia.com and Dns2.freehostia.com,someone just say change the nameserver.

At my GoDaddy domain ,there's a strange host (A) record already exit,What can I do?

Way 1: delete the strange host (A) record already exit,leave nothing at there, change the name server to Dns1.freehostia.com and Dns2.freehostia.com.

Way 2: change the strange host (A) record already exit to the ip at cp subdomain ,change the name server to Dns1.freehostia.com and Dns2.freehostia.com.

Way 3: change the strange host (A) record already exit to the ip of www.freehostia.com,change the name server to Dns1.freehostia.com and Dns2.freehostia.com.

Way 4: change the strange host (A) record already exit to the ip of Dns1.freehostia.com and Dns2.freehostia.com,change the name server to Dns1.freehostia.com and Dns2.freehostia.com.

all the ways are works,but works at different way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team