It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: DNS problem - The page cannot be displayed
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:29 am 

Hi.

I'm a newbie on Free Hostia, and I am having trouble with setting up a new site.

I have a domain registered for the site, and have added Free Hostia's DNS servers to this domain.

In the Hosted Domain panel I added the new domain, and I can see a green tick mark under DNS, so I assume that the redirection should be OK.

I have placed several files, including index.html in the /www/martakiniewicz.pl/ folder using the Folder Manager. According to the FreeHostia Beginner's Guide posted in the forum this is all I need to do in order to get the site working. However, when I type the URL http://www.martakiniewicz.pl/ in a browser I get 'The page cannot be displayed'.

Have I omitted a crucial step? What am I doing wrong? Please help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:22 am 
When did you modify the domain name's DNSs, cause the DNSs take up to 24 hours to update world wide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:52 am 

It was more than 24 hours ago. When I first did it, there was a red cross under DNS in the Hosted Domain panel, and now there is a green tick mark, so I assume that the changes have filtered down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:19 am 

OK, will do. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team