All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Domain Transfer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:11 am 

Good Day,

I Have read this in this forum

http://forum.freehostia.com/viewtopic.p ... ing+domain

and found it worthy to my problem but unfortunately my problem has not been resolved.

I have an existing domain in freehostia with an advance account and now i would like to transfer it to a free hosting account, as I read in recent link it is free of charge, my domain is already listed to the hosted domains and the DNS settings are already correct, as i sign up to the free hosting account and use an existing domain i got this error

1046: This domain already exists in our database! Please choose another domain.

How can i transfer my existing hosted domain in freehostia to a free account?

thanks
jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:42 am 
Support Tech
Support Tech

There will be no problem to transfer a domain name to us. If you have this domain name hosted in your account with us you may start the procedure from the Hosted Domains menu of your account with us. Note that the domain name transfer is a paid procedure and it takes up to 7 business days to complete.

Freehostia.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:10 am 

hmmm... I'm aware the there is a fee for transferring but there should be no problem of signing up for free account at freehostia and then use the existing domain in freehostia right? Do i really need to undergo on a transfer procedure? of can i use my existing domain in freehostia upon signing up to the free account in freehostia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:07 am 
Support Tech
Support Tech

It's up on yo. You can only to host here your existing domain name. Other option is to transfer it here. After transfer your domain name will be renewed for another year. actually this is the fee for domain transfers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:47 am 

how come i cannot use my existing domain name which is at freehostia(advance account) to a free account at freehostia? i shouldn't have a problem in it right since other domain from other site can be use to freehostia for free, i don't get it please enlighten me this. thanks

jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:51 pm 
Support Tech
Support Tech

Hello Jeff,

It will be better to open a trouble ticket regarding this issue. Then we will be able to assist you further.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team