It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: XenForo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:50 pm 

Trying to install the new XenForo forum software, but I get this error when creating the tables:

Quote:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'fields MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (content_type) ) ENGINE = InnoDB CHAR' at line 4
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in /home/www/pokebasic.com/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in /home/www/pokebasic.com/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in /home/www/pokebasic.com/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 467
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in /home/www/pokebasic.com/library/XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 153
XenForo_Install_Model_Install->createApplicationTables() in /home/www/pokebasic.com/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 200
XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in /home/www/pokebasic.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /home/www/pokebasic.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/www/pokebasic.com/install/index.php at line 17

Seems like a MySQL server version error, but like, twenty some days ago it said you guys were updating to 5.1, so I dunno.

EDIT: Wrong section, sorry, if someone could move this to PHP and MySQL that would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:55 am 
Site Admin

The reason for this situation to occur is because the script that you wish to install is a non supported on our servers. As far as I can see the script requires MySQLi and InnoDB engines which are not supported on our servers and such scripts could not be used on our servers.
I am afraid that you will not be able to use this forum script with an account with us and you will need to choose a different script for your site.

If in the future you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Freehostia.com

Post subject: Re: XenForo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:10 pm 

Now that was an informative post to read on about XenForo and it's features. I was just going through the codes and really appreciate the way you have explained things here in a brief manner about the XenForo.

Louren
windows8problems.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team