All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: php.ini file
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:49 pm 

Where can I find the php.ini file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:44 am 

you dont. If you need to make changes you create a file called php.ini put it in the root of your website and change the values you need in there. You will not get access to the servers php.ini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:37 am 

I have a related question.

From http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php I note that the PHP mail() function should have the From header set in the fourth arg. If it is left out, then PHP seems to look for what is in php.ini.

Given that freehostia seems to limit sending of PHP mail to require that the PHP From address matches a user's Mailbox email account, this is quite crucial.

I've noticed that -- the way things are set up by default on freehostia -- the From address does NOT automatically default to one that will actually work.

From my limited knowledge, this means that php.ini does not specify a suitable "sendmail_from" value... i.e. one that will actually work... i.e. one that matches a user's mailbox.

Is it possible for freehostia to actually do this?

If not, please can you give me some guidance as to how to set up php.ini for this, and where to put it.

I've tried putting a php.ini file in the server root (above where you actually see on the website), and on the website root, and in the folder in which the php script actually resides, with no luck.

The content of my php.ini file is:

Code:
[MySection]
sendmail_from = myemail@myhost.com

where myemail@myhost.com matches one of my mailboxes.

Where exactly should this go, and what exactly is wrong with the above content?

Excuse my PHP naivety!

Thanks,

Mike

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team