It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Flash PHP mailform. . .
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:28 pm 

I've had a LOT of trouble getting a PHP mailform to work on the server. I've looked at the FAQ under PHP/Pearl Settings, but it only addresses formmail PHP scripts, and I'm using a PHP form that is communicating with a .swf form using Actionscript. The following is the code I'm trying to use.

PHP:
Code:
<?PHP

$to = "mailexamplephp@yahoo.com";
$subject = "Flash Contact Form Submission";
$message = "Name:".$theName;
$message .= "\nEmail:".$theEmail;
$message .= "\n\nMessage:".$theMessage;
$headers = "From: $theEmail";
$headers .= "\nReply-To: $theEmail";

$sentOk = mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers);

echo "sentOk=".$sentOk;

?>

And here's the corresponding Actionscript inside the mailform:
Code:
stop();

var senderLoad:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
var receiveLoad:LoadVars = new LoadVars();

sender.onRelease = function() {
   senderLoad.theName = theName.text;
   senderLoad.theEmail = theEmail.text;
   senderLoad.theMessage = theMessage.text;
   senderLoad.sendAndLoad("http://leebrimelow.com/mailExample/send.php",receiveLoad);
}

receiveLoad.onLoad = function() {
   if(this.sentOk) {
      _root.gotoAndStop("success");
   }
   else {
      _root.gotoAndStop("failed");
   }
}

This is the code from the tutorial I've used - I'm at work right now. But in my code, I have the email being sent to my freehostia email address, which is forwarding to my personal email. Just can't get it to work at all. When I enter info on the mailform and submit it, the mail just dead-ends as soon as it hits the PHP. Please help!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:00 pm 

Ok, I know it's not missing. look at line 8 (beginning of the variable "headers"). It's right there, and then it's used further down in the mail() function. It's not a big deal, I figured it out last night. This script works fine, it's just that I have to use it with an email in the EXACT SAME domain as I'm hosting the PHP script in.

For those who don't understand Freehostia's policy:

You MUST host your PHP script under the same domain as the email you're sending to. I have two distinct domain names, and I've been trying to use MY main email, under my domain, when setting up a Flash/PHP mailform for my wife's photography site, which is under a different domain. Kinda stupid, I know, but not a huge deal - if it's a problem, just forward the mail to your main inbox like I am. Cheers! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team