It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: CSS Height
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:58 pm 

Hello everybody. I'm not a total newbie to html and css, but then again, I'm not a techo geek either. I'm looking for a way to have css recognize the height attribute as a percentage. Width works fine as a percentage, however I can't figure out how to get height to work (height: 100%;). Not sure about other browsers, but it doesn't work in Firefox or IE 7. This has baffled me for quite some time. Works in tables, but I don't want tables. Is there some kind of java script that does this? And would it need to be applied to each div tag where I want the height to be a percentage? Sorry if this sounds total newbie-ish and redundant, but hey, how can one learn if they don't ask questions. Thanks

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:17 am 

Dynamic Drive has a javascript file for equal height columns in CSS. Too bad it doesn't really work well in IE7, but then if it did, well, I think the world would stand still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:25 pm 

you need it like this width="100" height="100" with quotations around it. Works for me! First do the width and then the height in that order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:18 pm 

Code:
<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
#mydiv{width:100%;background-color:#F5F5F5}
</style>
<script type="text/javascript">
function setHeight(){
document.getElementById('mydiv').style.height=screen.height-200;
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="setHeight()">
<div id="mydiv" style="height:100px">test</div>
</body>
</html>

this script fixes the screen height at 200px less than 100% of my desktop's screen height. this allows for toolbars, tabs and the likes

works fine in firefox but in IE7 i get a popup blocker asking if i want to allow the active content :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team