It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Trying to understand FrontPage.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:11 am 

So i been trying to understand how do i login to my account files structure via FrontPage? where is that located?

Post subject: Frontpage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:31 am 
Getting Started
Getting Started

To publish a website in Frontpage via FTP you will first need to have a "web" created which contains all your website files for a single website you've created.

In Frontpage, you can create what is known as a "Web" to contain your website's HTML and image files. To do this, first select the File menu from the top of Frontpage, and select New > Web.

File > New > Web

A window will appear with many template options for the website you are about to create. After you have done this, rename the folder which the new web will be stored in to reflect a name or the domain name for your site. For example, we have entered 'johndoe.com' as the name of the folder which will be created in our "My Webs" folder on the C:\ drive.

New Web

After pressing OK, the new web will be created and you will see the a listing of the files. Go ahead and build your website from within this folder.
Publishing Web Via FTP

After you have an established website created within a Frontpage Web, you are ready to publish the website. In the future, if you wish to update your website simply make the changes to the Web which is located locally on your computer, and then choose to publish using these instructions again.

First select the File menu, and then click on "Publish Web...".

File > Publish Web

A window will appear. enter your domain name or the IP address of your server.

Next a window asking for the username and password will appear. Enter your FTP username and password. Your FTP username and password is the same as your cPanel username and password.

After clicking OK you should start to see a window indicating that the files are transfering.
Hope that Helps :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:08 am 

Nice explanation.

We should probably open up a Web Expression 2 topic in the forums- I am sure lots of people have questions with that

I have been using Expressions Web 2 and I LOVE IT... for the most part

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team