It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Upgrading to current PHPBB version?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:55 pm 

What's the best way to do this? I uploaded all the patch files using the freehostia control panel.. I tried following the directions that came with the patch but it don't work. Is there a better way to upgrade my forum to the current version?

Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:59 pm 

Go to the phpBB website, download the instructions to upgrade from there. It will provide step-by-step instructions from any version of phpBB up to the current release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:56 pm 

Yeah, like "Uncle_Whizzy" said.. go to the phpbb website; www.phpbb.com and download the instructions.

By the way, the current phpbb forum is 2.something which is located in the "Elefante free scripts" section of your control panel. phpbb 3 i believe is still in beta and isn't recommended to use unless you're a developer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:49 pm 

The Elefante Script is 2.0.19 and the current version is 2.0.22. I downloaded the patch files which have the instructions and like I said before I tried following their directions and it didn't work.

1. Decompress the phpBB 2 archive to a local directory on your system.
2. Upload all the files contained in this archive (retaining the directory structure) to a web accessible directory on your server or hosting account.
3. Change the permissions on config.php to be writeable by all (666 or -rw-rw-rw- within your FTP Client)
4. Using your web browser visit the location you placed phpBB 2 with the addition of install/install.php, e.g. http://www.mydomain.com/phpBB2/install/install.php, http://www.mydomain.com/forum/install/install.php etc.
5. Fill out all the requested information and hit Submit
6. Change the permissions on config.php to be writeable only by yourself (644 or -rw-r--r-- within your FTP Client)
7. Click the Complete Installation button or revisit the location you entered above.

So I did all of this and when I went to my web address to run the install.php nothing comes up. Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:09 am 
Support Tech
Support Tech

Please open a trouble ticket regarding this issue. This you can do from the Help Center section of the Control Panel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team