It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Emails Not Being Sent :(
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:09 am 

It's a been a week now since I successfully installed my new keyword research forum. Having installed this forum on another host before and being experienced in installing many other scripts I did not have any problems installing it at all.

Everything is running smoothly as expected except for emails... The forum or any other scripts I have installed on FreeHostia are not sending emails :( I am currently using a free plan. Is this one of it's restrictions?

I really need to send emails as I need members to confirm their emails when they join etc.

I am currently allowing members to join automatically without confirmation :(

Is there anything I can do to send emails? Please help as soon as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:20 pm 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Hey i just thought of a good idea Burton!

Like i previously have suggested that you give free users SMTP capability after they have proved to you that they have created a worthwhile site.

This time, I've decided that you could profitably increase your domain sales using this offer. Think about it;

**Purchase a domain through us, and we will upgrade your free account with SMTP!**

Sound good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:38 pm 

Hi Phill

Hehe at least...for me sounds good ;)

Thanks, Miguel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:00 am 

It's been a while now since I added a domain to my account. The DNS is just fine but still can't sent emails :(

How about removing the restrictions if I link to freehostia? I wouldn't mind that :D The website is getting some decent traffic as it is really viral ( http://keywords.freehostia.com/ ).

I have also noticed that statistics are not working. I have had to rely on third party javascript counters... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm 

blogmaster wrote:
It's been a while now since I added a domain to my account. The DNS is just fine but still can't sent emails :(

How about removing the restrictions if I link to freehostia? I wouldn't mind that :D The website is getting some decent traffic as it is really viral ( http://keywords.freehostia.com/ ).

I have also noticed that statistics are not working. I have had to rely on third party javascript counters... :(

Linking to Freehostia should be common courtesy, I think this host gives more than it receives. Don't expect any restrictions to be removed just because you place a link to FreeHostia on your site, because if it was that easy many people hosting on FreeHostia Free Plan would have no restrictions because many sites hosted have a link back to FreeHostia. If you want less restrictions, try upgrading to the Value plan on FreeHostia. 8)

Please submit a support ticket in your Control Panel for the site statistics not working... They've had some trouble to keep it working but usually are able to fix it right up, when you tell them. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:26 am 

Mike wrote:
Linking to Freehostia should be common courtesy, I think this host gives more than it receives. Don't expect any restrictions to be removed just because you place a link to FreeHostia on your site, because if it was that easy many people hosting on FreeHostia Free Plan would have no restrictions because many sites hosted have a link back to FreeHostia.

I'm sorry if sounded ungrateful, I didn't mean to :oops: I only meant as some sort of sponsorship. I really like FreeHostia and I appreciate what you guys are doing.

Burton wrote:
This will be possible as you register or host a domain name with us in your hosting account and if your hosting plan is a paid hosting plan higher than the Free Hosting one.

blogmaster wrote:

:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:53 pm 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Burton wrote:
@Phill! This will not be possible because of several security reasons! Imagine 2000 spammers who register a free hosting account with us, host a domain already registered on their names and to start spamming using our SMTP after 24 hours... This will become a living hell for us - the support team and our system administrators. We had a situation a week ago when the Free Hosting plans were able to send emails because of a server side problems that we experienced... This was the Spammers Week...
For God's sake, we are people, too! :D :D :D :D :D :D

@Burton! Looks like you're facing a rough day!
You didn't understand what i was saying..
Like, what part of **PURCHASE a domain through us, and we will upgrade your free account to SMTP!** didn't you understand? Costs less to go on the value plan for a year rather than buying a rip off domain with you guys anyway, so like WTF is your point!

Forget it blasphemer, your $$$ loss.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team