It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: PHPNuke Installation Error
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:29 am 

I recently singed up for the account, and am really impressed.

I'm not a web guru but pick things up qickly enough to be able to function in creating a web site.

I went through the installation process for PHPNuke and came across the followin gerror

Error while trying to insert the software!ERROR: se_rexec_call: Error [-6] CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "se_software_manage" line 9 at select into variables

I do not believe that I am the source of the error being as how I went through the automated install..thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:02 pm 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Phpnuke aint that great anyway..
Ive witnessed heaps of sites that have been hacked.

I think Joomla is much better.

Demos of all open sources cms's here:

http://opensourcecms.com/

Post subject: Genocide
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:19 am 

Basicly, it isn't the installer that isn't active, it's just the support team. Seems they have almost as much clues as to what the problem is there self. I'll also tell ya', that don't get hooked to Freehostia, because although it is currently< a great service> it won't remain that way. You'll most commonly see either google ad-sense or banners of freehostia everywhere in a few months to a year. I don't blame them although, it does take money to run such a company. Even if the servers do crash every 5 days trying to host phpNuke or anything php for that fact.

Best thing for you to do is go to phpnet.us and get you a spare account so you can prepare for when they do dazzle you with lovely ads. As for me, trying to learn my way into php and create themes and see my creations live; I can't depend on Freehostia, as they crash and most of the time the support lacks any knowledge of the issue that resides.

When you report information about something they make it as if, it's been known and fixed. View the day this post was made, ok... now Mysql hadn't been working for freehostia for 6 days. Six days anyone hosting anything content related, or guestbook php based couldn't use it.

Don't get me wrong, in my review of Freehostia it's not one of a kind, its not anything new. In fact the future will really have to be seen in order to finish my report on Freehostia. As for now they're like every other Hosting and freehosting service providing all the perks. A one hit wonder. The future will show us what they become, ad wise and hosting.

Post subject: PHP-Nuke is ok....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:23 am 

The comment about PHP-Nuke being hackable, well who hasn't defaced a Nuke site? I know I have, just for fun actually. Of course the Nuke sites were my own hosted on free accounts. Now, if you're going to have a content based site, which stores information in a data base...you better just stick to joomla, because Nuke isn't that bright. I although do love PHP-Nuke and I love updating my own version with my own modules. You'd have to be the judge yourself.

Post subject: Hmm?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:28 am 

Burton wrote:
You receive this error message because we have temporary disabled the Elefante Installer on our servers. I will suggest you to install the script you need manually.

I'm thinking I could be a Tech here, honestly because like, well..let me not get started. This sir types that the Elefante Installer is temporary disabled , which note is in fact not true. If it were disabled it wouldn't install nuke at all. Now if some of you guys weren't newbies you'd actually have the common sense enough to go to your file management in your control panel and notice that the PHPNuke folder was indeed there. But, seems you don't. Not to flame you guys but to enlighten you, your PHP-Nuke site is in fact installed, now just type your full freehostia address, and put, /PHPNuke at the end of it. It will take you to your very own PHP-Nuke site you just created the newbie way by using the so called broken elefante installer which actually isn't broken at all.

As for the mailing part of you guys PHPNuke site, how are you going to get users? Haha, I mean when they register they can't get access, because the e-mail never gets sent to you. Well I myself have created hacks for that and also the creator of Nuke himself. Just search www.google.com/search for no mail ya hack, for version 7.8 which is the current version of your nuke release via Freehostia's installer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team