It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: changing logo in Drupal 5.1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:34 pm 

hi there,

I actually removed the existing logo.png in "themes\garland\minnelli\color" and also "themes\garland\color", then I uploaded my own logo into these folders and rename my logo as logo.png. But it seems that this method is not working due to no picture was displayed.

I found the above method from other forum and I am not sure what to do right now. Is there any simple ways to upload a new logo?

Thanks for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:20 pm 
Regular
Regular

you renamed it to logo.png, but was it a .png file to begin with?
you may need to take your image into an image editor and export it as logo.png

try right clicking on the missing image, get it's properties which will include the address of the image, and try going directly to it.

a link to your site would help immensely
:)

Post subject: changing logo
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:18 pm 

Thanks for your reply, FnCool,

I found a new way to upload my logo yesterday and I obtained this information from http://support.bryght.com/drupal5/uploading-logo.

The above website showed me that I can actually upload my logo in administer, themes, uncheck "use the default logo", browse and upload the logo.

However, I tried to do exactly what it told me, but I still failed to upload the logo. No picture was displayed but only a cross. I made the logo transparent in Microsoft Word before uploading it. Am I doing the right thing? And it mentioned that I should resize to fit in a 183 by 82 pixel area. What it means by that? Should I resize the logo into 183 (weight) x 82 (height)?Is that what it means? I even tried to make a smaller size logo compare to Drupal logo, but I still encountered failure.

I am a newbie, hope you don't mind showing me the way. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:38 pm 

You used microsoft word to do it? then thats where your problem lays, microsoft word is for word processing not graphics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team