It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Problem with Wordpress plugin. Help!
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:01 am 

I am using wordpress and recently shifted to freehostia. I am using Google XML-sitemap plugin to inform search engines automatically whenever I update my blog. The problem is XML-sitemap plugin says that there was problem while notifying to Google and all others. I googled about this issue and I found that this plugin needs fsock to be open in order to send notifications to search engines. I contacted the support personnel here on freehostia and they said the fsock is closed due to security reasons.

I think this is why the XML sitemap plugin isn't working. If this is the case, then all the wordpress blogs hosted by freehostia should have this problem. So just to confirm, does anyone have this type of problem? Have solved this issue? If yes, how? Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:51 am 

fsockopen is deactivated for all users of free accounts. I have a paid account and experience no problems in using the wordpress plugin you refer to :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:18 pm 

Are you sure that your XML sitemap plugin is notifying the search engines? If so can you tell me what is the version of the plugin you are using and wordpress version.

Post subject: Problem with Wordpress plugin Help
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:49 pm 

yes... I personally manually work with WordPress all the time, its the cleanest way to go. But, that defeats the purpose of a plugin, which is to assist people that could never understand how to do that.

I did figure it out for anyone else that also wants to know, Im going to create a blog post about it because I think it could be very helpful to people that are also just starting out with WordPress Plugins.

Im not allowed to share that link with everyone, so I dont know if youre allowed to IM me for the code or what? Im sure a mod will let me know .
Hi!
I'm very sorry but can't locate the appropriate thread for my question.
Just found this site http://lionfunds.biz. They offer 1.3% Daily passive income. Is it real?
It is much bigger than I can fet in the bank.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team