It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: OSCommerce email
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:28 pm 

Hi

I know that you cannot use the SMTP server in the free hosting account and consequently any emails sent from my OScommerce installation will not work, however i was wondering if there is any way to change the SMTP server from localhost to an external one? For example, i have read that it is possible to use Gmails SMTP server for this, however i understand that you need access to PHP.ini and i know that this is not possible, yet i have also read that it is possible to do this by use of .htaccess yet i am quite inexperienced with this.

Thanks in advance

Samputer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:26 am 

Thanks

do you have to transfer the domain to yourselves or can you simply change the DNS settings on the existing 'host' of the domain because i dont want to move my domain from 1and1 or is that the only way to do it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:12 pm 

Thanks

Right, i have the DNS settings with my registar (1and1) set as google apps settings in order to use google apps, I have changed the DNS settings on my freehostia account to the same settings as the ones i have with my registrar, that is the google ones. is that right? or should i be setting them to the actual 1 and 1 default ones?

I am currently waiting for the DNS settings to update (obviously takes upto 48 hours) so theres nothing else i can do but wait, but am i doing the right thing? i want to be able to use the mail functions through oscommerce

Thanks

Sam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team