It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: SMTP problem in SMF
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:53 pm 

Hi,

Could anyone please help to configure SMTP in SMF.I just upgraded my account but unfortunately i need to configure SMTP in my SMF.Please help. I tried to contact Support team but i got the following response from them.I am giving the same below.

"2008-06-01 21:41:36 by Technical Support to ******
Hello,

I'm sorry but we don't offer any how-to tips for software which is not part of our control panel.

Best Regards,
James

"

I think this support doesn't come under it.. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:53 am 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Why you didn't paste the whole history ticket?

Because probably other users may see what exactly type of questions you are asking. Before asking for such support, try to read more information over the internet!

Post subject: Sorry if i hurt you
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:24 am 

Hi James,
I am not at all blaming you.I had posted this just before getting some extra support on this.I am saying you guys are really helpful.I fear i shouldn't have posted your name here.. :( .I have got each and every support on time and properly. I had posted here just to get help from others if anyone has gone through this type of problem as it doesn't come under support(Though i got support from you :) ) Please don't take it in other way.I had not posted here to blame anyone.Sorry again.

I am saying once again that you had helped me to get the issue resolved.Thanks James. :)

Regards
Susant

Post subject: I am posting the history of the ticket below
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:39 am 

Hello everyone,

The following was the conversation between me and james.I fear i had asked foolish question.But as i was unable to figureout wht was going on in sending mails ,and as that day only i had upgraded my plan i was little frustrated :(

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi,
I recently upgraded my account.But my SMF is not sending any registration mail automatically when a member registers.Could you please help.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our Technical Support Department.

You have to configure SMF to use SMTP connection to send mails, and please be sure that the authentication is switched on. The login credentials are the same as your email accounts.

Best Regards,
James

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

i didn't get it...could you please give one example how to configure and what to configure

Regards
Susant

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello,

I'm sorry but we don't offer any how-to tips for software which is not part of our control panel.

Best Regards,
James

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
after this i had posted here in this forum to get help.But as no one answer,i continued to bother James.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ok.At least please let me know the server name,port,SMTP user name and password

Hello,

You can see all of those details from the Email Manager menu.

Best Regards,
James

I m sorry but i am not seeing any info regarding server name,port,SMTP user name and password in email manager

Hello,

Take a closer look!

POP3/IMAP/SMTP Mail Server : ****.freehostia.com
username: ********
password: *******

Best Regards,
James

*i have made it **** to keep privacy
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello,

No problem at all, but still those info can be seen in your Email Manager!

Best Regards,
James

This was the conversation between me and james.As you are telling to post it here i am posting

Again i would like to say i had got proper support on this issue.Please don't take my earlier post here in negative way.

Thanks for the help :)

Regards
Susant

Post subject: My vote description
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:52 am 

Hi,

I had written the following in the vote description in one of the ticket.just before going for the value plan.I really like the support team in Freehostia, :)

"I am really proud to say that i use Freehostia.Although this is a free webspace provider even than much better than so many other paid Webhosting companies in terms of quality,uptime and many other.When i think about the support team i can just say superb...lightening speed response :).Just for all these i am going for value plan for few months and if i find its good will move to other better plans..Keep it up :)

Regards
Susant
"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team