It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Domain Providers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 pm 

I am looking for a domain provider. As a writer I wish to remain anonymous in my registration. I wish to register under my published name and have a site for my work.

I looked at free hostia and it seems they cannot be provide this, yet I have heard very good things about the hosting service and wish to use them.

Can anyone direct me to a domain registration site that offers what I am looking for?

Also are there any issues in registering a domain elsewhere and being hosted here?

As a sub note: I notice freehostia offers a good price in domain registration for one year, what is the cost in subsequent years. As I would want to register for several.

Thank you

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:40 pm 
Getting Started
Getting Started

We can register your domain, and there is discount if you purchase your domain for several years. I'm not sure about the exact discount, so the best advice that i can give you is to create a free account with our services, and start the procedure for registering a domain name. On the 1st screen you'll be able to find the exact price for selected years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:56 pm 

Thanks for the reply James. I have a free account already and will do as you say.

But please can you answer the other part of my question. In registering will by real name be required at any stage. I wish to register a domain under another name?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:15 am 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Yes, you can register a domain name under another name, but please be sure that your billing details are correct, and you have supplied a valid phone number where our sales department can reach you to confirm your order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:11 pm 

Thanks again James.

Just to confirm before I go ahead.

Lets say I want to sign up as and have the site registered under the name Dave Jones.

And my real name is Dave King.

Then I would register as Dave Jones but enter credit card details using my real name Dave King? Would this be correct?

And if yes, are you sure the name Dave King will not some up anywhere on the registration sites etc.

Sorry about the questions but this had come up before to a fellow author and it cause all sorts of problems re his publishing house.

I look forward to your reply

Regards

Dave

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team