It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Email account broken
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:45 pm 

Hi, I work on a freehostia site (not the admin) and my email inbox is not working. The webmail looks fine, I can log in and all, but when I used my old account to send messages to it, they were never received and I got a delay notification. This happened around the same time that I tried to add my account to Windows Live Hotmail.
Then I tried to register for this forum using my new email, and the registration code never came so I had to make this account on my old address... Then when I sent a test message USING the webmail TO the webmail (new email to new email, self send), it showed up.
I have two questions:
Why is it doing this?
and
How do I correctly set up Windows Live Hotmail to use the account? What's the POP3 info or IMAP info?

EDIT:
Hmm the registration code finally came in after about a half hour, but the test emails I sent never came.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:49 am 
Site Admin

Please open a trouble ticket from your account with us so we will be able to investigate this issue for you. You will be able to do so via the Open New Ticket menu of your account control panel Help section.

Freehostia.com

Post subject: Re: Email account broken
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:34 am 

superllama wrote:
Hi, I work on a freehostia site (not the admin)

I do not have access to the account, I only work on the site as an FTP uploader. The admin has not given me access to the CP.

I also want to know how to set up the account to be used by Windows Live Mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:24 pm 

Value I think. Its one below the best, I can't remember (again, I'm not the admin, I'm just a worker on the site)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:51 pm 

I told you plainly that I cannot access the Control Panel, so I obviously cannot send a ticket (read my 2nd post)

The account is working semi-okay now, but I still want to know how to set up Windows Live Mail to retrieve from the account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:51 pm 

I see. Do you mean the information as to what's wrong with the account, or how to set it up for WLM? Are there details available in the CP, or would I have to ask him to send a support ticket?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team