It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: cant send email in webmail
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:02 pm 

Hi all , just want to know if the fact that smtp is disabled in free hosting , i will be unable to use the webmail service to send e-mails. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

Please open a trouble ticket for this issue via Control Open New Ticket menu which is situated under the Help Center section. Then we will be able to assist you further.

Best Regards
WidWool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:03 pm 

I get this in reponse:

Thank you for contacting our Technical Support Department.

Unfortunately you are unable to send e-mails. This option isn't included in the "Chocolate" plan features. If you want to use our SMTP server you have to upgrade your plan at least to the "Watercircle" one. This can be done via the "Change plan" link. It's located under the "Add Services/Upgrades" menu of Control Panel. You also can purchase the "E-mail Addresses" hosting plan upgrade. It's available under the "Add services" menu. It will activate the SMTP service too.

Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best Regards,
Peter "

Well , in the comparison table for all the five hosting services , the free an the paid, , under the e-mail fetures there is a green check for "Webmail" , so the logic way to think is that is the same service for all plans. THere is no warning about any differrence in the Webmail service. I found that misleading and dishonest and in less than a week here in Freehostia i´m thinking about getting another hosting service in other company.
THe fact that it is free doesn´t mean to be false.
That´s all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:43 pm 

fine, so why i can not send mail using webmail?
here is Peter answer:

"Unfortunately you are unable to send e-mails. This option isn't included in the "Chocolate" plan features. If you want to use our SMTP server you have to upgrade your plan at least to the "Watercircle" one. This can be done via the "Change plan" link. It's located under the "Add Services/Upgrades" menu of Control Panel. You also can purchase the "E-mail Addresses" hosting plan upgrade. It's available under the "Add services" menu. It will activate the SMTP service too. "

check the las phrase : it will activate the SMTP too . so i understand that both webmail and smtp are disabled for free hosting , and thats why i can not send mail usin webmail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm 

Here is the comparison chart:

webmail is green checked , like other hostingservices. , but smtp , like we can see , is disabled. what everybody else know, except me, is that smtp also applies to webmail.

at first , to me, for what i can see in that chart, webmail should be full functional to all services.
So it is my fault, for getting into that trap

bye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:20 pm 

fine, now I know that. I´m not an internet expert or something like that , whit luck I get to set a simple web page using another as a template, only changing "words" , and leaving desing intact.
to me, the way it is shown in that table , smtp and webmail are different thing and work separated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:21 pm 

Andy wrote:
The Webmail service is available for all users. The SMTP one is disabled for the clients on the free hosting program.

webmail service available = send and receive in webmail

Burton wrote:
The webmail tool is operational for all the hosting packages that we offer indeed. As a free hosting client you may receive emails sent to the email accounts that you have created. You are just restricted from using the SMTP service. The SMTP line is the key line in this case.

webmail tool operational for all = send and receive.

there is no place were it is clear that SMTP disabled affects Webmail send.
Nobody says that SMTP disabled affects Webmail send.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:09 pm 

Burton wrote:
Excuse me but you are trying to argue for something which is technically clear. As the SMTP is disabled this means that NO email will pass if a client tries to send it. This means no outgoing emails allowed. I am sorry but we are going in circles in this communication and in this case we are not able to assist you as this is not a problem with our services and this is not even a mistake in our packages description.

it is technically clear now that i know that webmail and SMTP are related to each other, and never will be able to send emails .But i´m not a technician of the internet or mail or whatever related , so sorry if i got wrong for not being an internet technician before trying to build a simple website . Next timei´ll go to some college to learn and then in a couple of years will contact again freehostia to use the hosting services , as freehostia is oriented to people whit technical knowledge of the internet.
I´m 36 years old, i´m a dentist and don´t have to know technical stuff .

To me: if SMTP and webmail have different specifications , then they work different an have different restrictions.

so : "this is not even a mistake in our packages description" = yes it is, becouse people like me , that don´t have technical knowledge got into that trap. At least I don´t have to pay.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team