It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: blocked and account suspended?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:15 pm 

Apparently I did something I wasn't supposed to, but I wasn't aware of it. So, my account was permanently suspended... Now I don't know what to do... I already paid for the domain and hosting and I can't do anything to get my account back?

There wasn't a warning... and I figured whatever I added to my site last was bad so I went to take it off. However; I was blocked from going to the file manager and couldn't do anything about it.

Needless to say, I asked for help on the support page from the homepage to remove the file and All I got back was a 'you did something bad and now your account is permanently suspended' type of e-mail. I then tried to log into the CP and regardless of my effort to correct the problem, I wasn't even allowed into the CP anymore...

Can I do anything to fix this?

My client Id is: 1526787
And account name is: trenol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:07 am 

But you guys didn't give me a warning or a chance to fix it... I didn't even know what I did was considered phishing...

I was just trying to do what a script told me to do and It didn't tell me it was phishing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:49 am 

TrenTonHammer wrote:
But you guys didn't give me a warning or a chance to fix it... I didn't even know what I did was considered phishing...

I was just trying to do what a script told me to do and It didn't tell me it was phishing...

TrenTonHammer:

Why don't you call Freehostia and demand that your money be refunded? This seems very unfair and without even explaining why. It seems my site was blocked too, for having a page up which was dedicated to St. Jude which has nothing profiting from it. Was thinking of buying a domain from Freehostia, but I'm glad I saw your post. It has changed my mind big time.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:21 am 

KJ wrote:
KD, TrenTonHammer like yourself is using free hosting services.
As for your account, as I explained in the e-mail has been hacked and malicious code embedded in the index file. We can not allow our hosting to be used for spreading viruses/malicious code/retrieving credit card information/login details etc. and are doing everything possible to block such websites as soon as possible.
The client is responsible for the security of their websites and if his account get blocked he should not blame the support but rather the person who created the website.
In addition the system usually is sending notification e-mail when the accounts are getting blocked.

Your comment about Freehostia not allowing malicious code embedding goes without saying. In other words, I am aware that no one wants this negative on their website. And how is one responsible for securing or how does one go about securing his/her website? You are being paid the money to provide this service. I've NEVER heard of any such thing as the person who has the website being responsible for securing his/her website, NEVER! I but a domain and hosting from 1and1 Domains and Hosting services and I was never locked out of my own website, because of hacking, viruses or malicious codes and I had the very same website as I do here. I'll say it again, I'm so glad I haven't wasted my money on Freehostia!

Post subject: Re: blocked and account suspended?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:20 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

I highly doubt that there is any hosting company which is responsible for the content of the clients website and their security, especially when it comes to free hosting plans! These are just standard security measures which improves the service for all our clients.

Best Regards,
Jimmy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team