It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: How to tranfer database from previous forum?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:33 am 
OK, after 2 months i think, as i changed my isp, now i am able to register. but just voice my concern, that this proxy checking is really annoying, as i wasn't able to register just because my isp used proxy to connect me through. I think admins here should then register for the user having the problem? after getting all the information required for registration.

Well, anyways, now as i can register, want to know how i can transfer my old forum database, all the posts, members e.t.c. to this new free host? and is the installed mods transferrable from old to this one?

I just know to download the back-up files, and restoring it to this one will transfer the db? and what about SQL tables and stuff?

Apologize if this wasnt the right question or the right place for the question.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:44 pm 
Regular
Regular

you need to export your old database sql from the old host, then upload the old files, then import the sql file to this one.
if you don't have access to the old host's database, your probably SOL, although they "may" have a backup, and be willing to help you out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team