It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Pay Monthly Enable SMTP
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:21 pm 

Hi all,

In order to make my website work the way I want it to I need to get SMTP enabled. Is the only way to do this by buying the Chocolate plan or better?

Also, paying outright for a year's subscription is not ideal for me, is there anyway to pay monthly? Because I'm worried I may have to switch hosts to get someone that will enable SMTP for me and pay them monthly. Which I don't want to do because I like FreeHostia. It seems a lot to pay in one go for the one little feature I need.

Any advice?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Pay Monthly Enable SMTP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:04 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

Actually the Chocolate hosting plan is a the new name of the free hosting plan since we implemented the new website design in a couple of years ago, so it is still does not provider SMTP service. In order to have SMTP service you will need a payed hosting package such as Watercircle or a bigger package.
Upgrading to a paid hosting plan would also remove the 500KB file size limit, which the Free plan has, so you will be able to upload larger files. The Watercircle plan is only $2.95/month and has no such restrictions. In addition disk space, monthly traffic and other features will be increased significantly. Detailed web statistics and access/error logs functionality will be enabled as well. You will be able to check a comparison of our payed hosting plans features here:

http://freehostia.com/compare-hosting-plans.html

Payments are accepted only for one year in advance. There is no available options for monthly payments.

Freehostia.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team