It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Tax in Belarus since Jan 01, 2018
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:38 pm 

I search good hoster for couple of my noncommercial pages in Mediawiki and Drupal. I live in Belarus (if somebody did not hear about, it is part of former Soviet Union). Here new law was declared for foreign hosters. If shortly, if I will pay Freehostia for hosting next year, Freehostia will have to pay tax here. If not, authorities will block Freehostia in Belarus. Full their text in English http://www.nalog.gov.by/ru/mekhanizm-is ... 2018-g-en/
They said that last year same law was created in Russia, and before in Western Europe.
My question is: Can I start paid hostimg here or I have to search somewhere else?

Post subject: Re: Tax in Belarus since Jan 01, 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

Revising the document mentioned it refers to foreign companies running their services on Belarusian territory while this does not apply for us. We are not running any services on Belarusian territory and all our services are running on USA territory where our servers and data center take place. Using our services from USA is your own decision and you should check only how this affects you. You can still consult with your local tax officer to discuss that matter with him, but we do not see a reason for such a trouble. We certainly do not have such registration and we do not pay tax in your country as we are running no services on its territory.

Feel free to contact us again, if we can assist you in a different matter.

Freehostia.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team