It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: im going to upgrade can i do it this way???..........
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:01 pm 

ok i have been looking at many hosts and your seems to be the best some time next week i want to uprade to the Advanced plan and if my site kicks off well ill be upgrading to the xtra plan so i just wanted to ask some things first

with the Advanced plan..

1. is there any upload limit some servers have like a 2mb upload limit this would be no good for me.

2. i dont have a credit card so i have had a talk with my friend he he going to pay for it and ill give him the money but can i do it this way??

3. is there a limit on file extantions the host host i had would only let me upload .php .html .txt
i need at least .zip .rar .html .php

Also with the Advanced plan are the servers slow?? i dont want to be paying for slow servers.

please get back to me on this as i will not be upgrading till i know whats fuly going on.

EDITED:

ok i just had a look at some thing it says the upload limit is500k for free plan thats ok as im hoping to be paying next week also a 2mb on the http upload thats ok but how much can i upload at once on the ftp?? i know it's over 2mb for paid plan put how much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:37 pm 
Support Tech
Support Tech

Hello!

I will answer your questions in the same order you asked them:

1. The HTTP upload limit here is 8MB, via FTP however there is no limit;

2. We have a very strict anti-fraud policy so my advise is to open a ticket and explain in the ticket that someone else will be paying for the upgrade so that we don't cancel the payment because of a discrepancy between your details and the ones of the person paying for the upgrade. We may also need to contact the credit card holder by phone just to verify that he has authorized the payment;

3. All kind of file extensions are allowed. The only restriction that we have is that we don't allow .exe files but this is only for the free plan anyway.

The servers are pretty fast, I don't think that this would be a problem

I hope this answers all your questions, if not, please don't hesitate to ask.

Before asking a question, please read the F.A.Q.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:59 pm 

thank you steve you have been very helpful :) i will be upgrading next week!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team