It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Personal Information (Updated Question AGAIN)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:28 am 

Somehow, the post about this prior to this one was magically lost without any answer! I don't see why, so I'll ask again...

-
I want to register an account with "chocolate" but the personal information FreeHostia asks for is kind of extreme. What does FreeHostia do with all my personal info? I don't feel like my address floating aroound the internet, nor my phone number. This could deter me from even trying FreeHostia. And if I make an account here, and decide I want to cancel it, will FreeHostia retain my personal information? Any help or answers would be appreciated.

Last edited by hardk0re on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 pm 

So its only in case you bill us (in case we actually pay for the service)? None of this information will be given to any other organization, and we won't recieve any phone calls or letters in the mail because of free registration? Thanks so much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:30 am 
Site Admin

Yes, that is correct. Please note that you will have to provide atleast valid e0mail address so you will be able to receive the Welcome E-mail for your account with the account details. Also please note that we will send a notification message to that e-mail before the account expiration date so you will be able to renew your hosting plan on time. Thank you for understanding this matter.

Freehostia.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:14 pm 

So I won't recieve anything in the mail or on the phone?

Post subject: Address info
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:58 am 

I'm wondering if this address is also part of what becomes the WHOIS info. I'm setting up a website for a friend who has a book coming out, and if this address is only used by freehostia I'll just put my address, but if it's going to be part of the public record for her book site, it needs to be something she's associated with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:23 pm 
Regular
Regular

anything shown in a site's whois comes from the registrar, not the hosting company.
when you purchase the domain, purchase "whois protection" along with it, and no info will be shown.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team