It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Best way to get listed in google like big search engines
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:12 am 

Hi Everyone,

I will not advise to submit your site links to big search engines like google and yahoo. If you will create back links they will find you soon. For example if you have posted your link in a blog like blogspot.com most probably your site will be indexed withing a day or even less. My site http://www.ITSupportCell.com was indexed by Google with in a day.. Thats strange but it was true... :) Try yours too.I am sure you will get success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:08 am 

Personaly i see this as terrible advice. There is no logical reason NOT to submit your site to the big name search engines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:48 pm 
Regular
Regular

yours was indexed due to posting it in an SEO forum with a 5 pagerank, from what i can tell, but you currently have a pagerank of 0, so you should really make sure you have "google-friendly" pages, then submit it to get it updated again.

some ideas:
- have a proper index.html page (not the forum index.php).
- turn some of those posts into articles/tutorials, title the pages and links the same/similar to the articles/tutorials, linked from the index page.
- add some links to other relevent sites.
- seeing as you are into SEO stuff, have some links to SEO sites, they tend to rank high (of course)
- add a sitemap and link to all pages(simple mod in your forum footer).
include all the google toys you have in your forums.

btw, you don't need to rebuild your site to do this, just change the file order to make index.html load before index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:34 am 

Thank you FnCool. All were really fantastic advices. I will try to follow your advices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:41 am 

Josh.Waller wrote:
Personaly i see this as terrible advice. There is no logical reason NOT to submit your site to the big name search engines.

I am sorry but i am against the submission services who charge you a lot of money. They assure us to list our site in google within a week or money refund. But i was trying to tell that you can do it free of cost and that is again within two days...(not 7 days)

I am agree with you that there is no harm in submitting a site. But don't hope that your site will be there in big search engines if you will submit it. They will take their own time to crawl your site. but if you will put your site in a page with higher page rank or a blog site like blogspot.com, i am sure it will be crawled soon. I am telling it from my experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:19 pm 

You don't need to pay to submit a site to Google and yahoo. I am also telling it from experience. You can, and I always do submit newly created sites to Google, yahoo, ask and live. All free of charge through there own individual services. I submit a good site map that is regularly updated, have a robots.txt to stop pages I don't want being found. On top of this i do link exchanges with particular sites that are relevant with the particular website I'm working. It is also important to have good meta tags and anything mentioned in the meta tags should also be listed in the pages at some point, or you could get blacklisted.

It is still ludicrous to suggest NOT submitting the website to the big name search engines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:48 pm 

Submit your site to google and then sign up for the google webmaster tools. A lot faster to let listed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:37 am 

Whether you submit it or not it doesn't make any difference, your site is automatically crawled by Google and it is indexed. You can use forum backlinks for fast indexing as well.

Last edited by thpalex on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:43 am 

Yes it is true if quality backlinks are collected that google will surely crawl that page. SBM is one of the best was to make website crawl and increase crawling rate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:02 am 

Your advice seems to be little terrible but it will be great if it works.

Post subject: Re: Best way to get listed in google like big search engines
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:05 am 

No big deal. Most of my domains are indexed by Google even when they have the default Apache page with no content at all.
No one knows what Google thinks when indexing new domains.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team