It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: New name server doesn't works :(
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 pm 

My domain is mobilesgenesis.com, i registered here at freehostia.com, and i changed the NS first time to point to the new webhost, after a while the webhost gone down, so i needed to change it again, but i already waited 4 days, and it's still pointing to the old server, what am i doing wrong?
Here's what i did: Domain Manager->NS-> and changed the two name servers to ns1.ismyws.com and ns2.ismyws.com, is there anything that i forgot? I'm really sad seeing my website like this (Very bad condition, because of the unworking links)
Please help, every help is appreciated.
Thanks in Advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:50 am 
Site Admin

As far as I can see the desired name servers are set for your domain name:

Domain Name: MOBILESGENESIS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.ISMYWS.COM
Name Server: NS2.ISMYWS.COM
Updated Date: 01-sep-2009
Creation Date: 28-feb-2009
Expiration Date: 28-feb-2010

Please note that the name servers update takes 24 hours in order the name servers to propagate worldwide and your domain name to become operational with your account with us.
The last update date according to the Whois information is:

Updated Date: 01-sep-2009

Please allow the required period to expire and check this issue again from your end.
I have tested your site:"http://www.mobilesgenesis.com/" and it seems to be fully operational on our end. Please clear your browser cache and try again or check this issue with a different browser and on a different computer.

If in the future you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Freehostia.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:44 am 

The name server's are okey, Name Server: NS1.ISMYWS.COM
Name Server: NS2.ISMYWS.COM. But the 24 hours passed already and still doesn't works, it still goes to the old server. I made a redirect to this url:'70.38.66.227/~mobilesg' that's why it works, that should be the new server and not this one:'85.234.157.140/~mobilesg'. Also i removed the redirect to no confuse you.
I also removed everything from my browser, and it's the same at others too, it's not a browser based problem...
I have the feeling, that waiting won't solve the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:20 pm 

I just wrote them a message, but i don't understand why would be there the problem?
The NS has the correct IP, but the domain insteed of using the good new IP, uses the old one, why would this be their problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

Please note that the domain name is now pointing to the new name servers that you have set for it and now the hosting company that handles those name servers is responsible for your domain name to be operational as they support those new name servers. At the present moment your domain name points to the name servers :
Name Server: NS1.ISMYWS.COM
Name Server: NS2.ISMYWS.COM
which are owned by your new web-hosting company.
Please contact your new web-hosting company and check this issue again with them.

Freehostia.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:56 pm 

Yep, the problem was there and it's solved now, thanks for everything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team