It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: submit forms?
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:24 am 
hey there people

I just wanted to know what is the html code if you people to submit thier information.

I have a page on my site where, they will be required to send information about thier browers, OS etc, and when they click submit, i want that information to come to my email box, or the freehost email box?

so what should it be?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:50 am 
Getting Started
Getting Started

http://www.w3schools.com

...It should be there.

Post subject: phpformgenerator
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:31 am 
Getting Started
Getting Started

Hello,

The problem with using normal html code to submit a form is that it relies on the persons machine, and the software installed such as Ms outlook, to send off the form.

I have experience with PhpFormGenerator, (listed in the CP under tools-> elefante free scripts -> right down the bottom). This uses either the php-mail function or sendmail, to send off the forms. (this probably wont work with the free hosting accounts). However, it has the option to save it in your mysql database(my preference), or in a file, and you can goto the admin section of the form and it lists everything.

Another form service ive used is www.mailmyform.com its excellent, but unless you pay the one off fee, when your users click submit they see the mail my form logo and for a few seconds.

- Phill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team