It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Can't Log In
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 am 

So as i was working on my site, the CP logged me out and prevented me from saving my page. i copied/pasted it into a word doc to save it so that i could log in and paste the new html back into the page that i was working on.. So i reload it from a bookmark so that i could get back to the login page..

but it didn't send me to the login page, it sent me to a security warning page instead, where i had to validate the connection. something to do with security certificates and how the cp.freehostia.com certificate had expired. I though this was odd, but i've seen that page before for other sites..

so i clicked on the thing that states that i "understand the risks" and that I wish to continue, and i also added a ''security exception" ..

Tried to log in after that and for some reason my old password was on the screen instead of my new one that i had set some time ago. So i had to go through my book where i keep my passwords and enter the 'new' password, which by the way, i have been using for some time now.

The site said that username and pass was invalid..

So i clicked on ''forgotten password'' after making sure that caps lock was not on, or anything else st00pid that would prevent me from entering a correct password. It still didn't work.

I tried to enter my username and email that i use with my account.. it said that no such account existed. Which is untrue..

please do not suggest that i should make a 'trouble ticket' i am unable to access my website or cp. Please help! I was in the middle of making a memorial page for my husband who has terminal cancer...and its quite upsetting that i can not finish my html work. Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Can't Log In
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 am 

oh wow for some reason now it's working. Whew that was a scare! better make sure my site is backed up just in case i get locked out for some odd reason. And no, clearing the cache did not work. i tried to log in some time later and finally it worked

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team