It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: One of my navbar links breaks when hosted, + other question
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:11 pm 

So 2 questions. First the main one

So im trying to move my site from my virtual server to freehostia.

My site has a main page thats the good o'll scroll down for stuff. A contact page. and about. When I click the links on my navbar that are to spots on my main page, it javascript scrolls down to them. If you go to the other pages and click the link, it brings you to the spot on the main page. All works how it should.

When I move my site to freehostia, if I go to the other pages and click the links that bring to a specific spot on the main page it breaks and gives a 404 not found. Am I missing something? Never used hosting before. There isnt anything special about my link. It is just href"../html/index.html #idName" idName being change to whatever it is per link.

Second question. How can I make it so my url points to my html folder? right now I have to my url/html/index to actually get my page. And my other pages have stupid long url's instead of url/contact, ect.

Thanks for any help. Am new to this hosting stuff.

Post subject: Re: One of my navbar links breaks when hosted, + other quest
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:41 am 

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

If you have a hosting account with us then I would recommend that you open a ticket from it so that we can investigate the matter and hopefully find a solution. It is possible that the link(s) in question need to be updated with the proper paths of the hosting account, however, we can not know for sure unless we check more thoroughly. If your hosting account uses the Hepsia control panel then you can open a ticket by hovering the mouse button over the Help Center button and selecting My Tickets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team