|Global service migration
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||hellrazor [ Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:59 am ]|
|Post subject:||Global service migration|
We would like to inform you that we are currently performing a crucial network, hardware and software update to our servers.
We are implementing a next-gen file system called ZFS. Here are a couple of things to better convince you this file system change will greatly increase your overall hosting performance:
- ZFS storage system does not crash in the event of a sudden power loss or even a server breakdown and hence does not need to run any file system check.
- ZFS is protected against silent data corruption due to its inbuilt checksum functionality.
- Data Processing Speeds - over 3000 IOPS with the new ZFS-based servers vs. 200-600 IOPS with the old file system based servers
- ZFS LZ4 compression that will be used to store your customers’ content, data reading and writing on our new platform will be a lot faster, meaning that your sites will be delivered faster to the public.
- Brand New Server Hardware - our new ZFS storage-based servers use specially optimized hardware that features large amounts of RAM in order to improve read and write caching. Also, we do not run any other applications (like web and FTP) on our storage servers, which allows us to make full use of the hardware resources and ensure better security for your data.
The server hardware migration and file system conversion has began at 11:00 AM GMT time and will take us approximately 6-9 hours and is expected to be conducted by 20:00 PM GMT time. During this time-frame there will be around 2-3 hours of actual downtime during which the following services will be down:
- email functionality
- website availability
- FTP connection
- web hosting control panel access
We would like to to apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We would like to assure you this system upgrade will greatly increase the speed and overall performance of your services with us.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group