It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: What does the domain status clientRenewProhibited mean exact
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:49 pm 

One of the domains that I was thinking of buying is owned by another person, and it has the "clientRenewProhibited" status in whois.

Could you explain what's it mean in more details? Does it mean that the owner wouldn't be able to renew it unless he/she specifically contacts the registrar and resolve the issues? Does it affect the duration of the reclamation period after the domain is expired, perhaps?

P.S. It also has these statuses: clientDeleteProhibited and clientUpdateProhibited.192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

Post subject: Re: What does the domain status clientRenewProhibited mean e
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 3:50 pm 

konarktriv wrote:
One of the domains that I was thinking of buying is owned by another person, and it has the "clientRenewProhibited" status in whois.

Could you explain what's it mean in more details? Does it mean that the owner wouldn't be able to renew it unless he/she specifically contacts the registrar and resolve the issues? Does it affect the duration of the reclamation period after the domain is expired, perhaps?

P.S. It also has these statuses: clientDeleteProhibited and clientUpdateProhibited.192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

Hello,
This status code tells your domain's registry to reject requests to renew your domain. It is an uncommon status that is usually enacted during legal disputes or when your domain is subject to deletion. In general it would be best for the client to contact the domain registry so that they can see what the issue is and how it can be resolved.

Post subject: Re: What does the domain status clientRenewProhibited mean e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:15 am 

Quote:
konarktriv wrote:
Are there any registrars that set it autmatically? I need to know because I
do my assignment on domains hosting.

Hi,
Godaddy, for example, sets this status autmatically. There's a full list with explanations of all domain status codes at icann.org/epp

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team