It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Wordpress Help!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:00 am 

Hi Guys

Just installed Wordpress using the Application Installer in the admin panel and it all seems ok but when I try and do something 'connection' related it gives me errors.

For example I'm having trouble updating plugins because it cannot connect to the server, or Im having trouble setting up SMTP details to send out emails. All I get is

Quote:
"RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: Failed to connect to 72.233.56.138: Permission denied"

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Wordpress Help!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:30 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

I assume that you are using Chocolate(Free) hosting plan. This plan is not allowed to perform outgoing connections to remote servers and that is why you have noticed such troubles.
Only our paid hosting plans do not have this restriction so you can benefit from the specified WordPress script functions. You can upgrade your web hosting plan from the "Change plan" section on your control panel, you will find the link on the left "Upgrades" menu.
Upgrading to a paid hosting plan would also allow you to send e-mails via your account with us - the SMTP will be activated for you and you will be allowed to upload files bigger than 500KB. The Watercircle plan is only $2.95/month and has no such restriction. In addition disk space, monthly traffic and other features will be increased significantly. You will be able to check a comparison of our payed hosting plans features here:

http://freehostia.com/compare-hosting-plans.html

Otherwise if you are sing a payed package, please open a trouble ticket from your account with us and provide us with the domain name which you have noticed this issue, so we will be able to check this issue for you. You will be able to do this via the Open New Ticket menu of your account control panel Help section.

If you have any further questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Freehostia.com

Post subject: Re: Wordpress Help!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:43 am 

Miles wrote:
Hello,

I assume that you are using Chocolate(Free) hosting plan. This plan is not allowed to perform outgoing connections to remote servers and that is why you have noticed such troubles.
Only our paid hosting plans do not have this restriction so you can benefit from the specified WordPress script functions. You can upgrade your web hosting plan from the "Change plan" section on your control panel, you will find the link on the left "Upgrades" menu.
Upgrading to a paid hosting plan would also allow you to send e-mails via your account with us - the SMTP will be activated for you and you will be allowed to upload files bigger than 500KB. The Watercircle plan is only $2.95/month and has no such restriction. In addition disk space, monthly traffic and other features will be increased significantly. You will be able to check a comparison of our payed hosting plans features here:

http://freehostia.com/compare-hosting-plans.html

Otherwise if you are sing a payed package, please open a trouble ticket from your account with us and provide us with the domain name which you have noticed this issue, so we will be able to check this issue for you. You will be able to do this via the Open New Ticket menu of your account control panel Help section.

If you have any further questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Thank you for your help :)

Post subject: Wordpress Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:33 am 

I would likt to place link page link.php on my Wordpress blog home page.

I do not know which file and where to edit.

Please help me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team