It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Trouble getting a CSS template to display
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:29 am 

I downloaded a CSS template called "WidgetLike" from www.freecsstemplates.org and it came in a zipped format. I have the "Supernatural" account with FreeHostia. I looked at some videos and read one of the tutorials. When I unzip the free CSS template in Windows I can't upload it to my account. When the free CSS template is zipped I can upload and choose to unpack it upon upload in file manager in my FreeHostia account.

However, after it has been uploaded and unpacked, when I try to open the index.html file the CSS template contains in a browser, I get a bunch of text and no pictures are displayed. How do I view the template exactly as I saw it on the www.freecsstemplates.org site? Do I have to integrate it into my homepage code? Put the code between the <head> and </head> tags?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:42 pm 

Nevermind, I figured out the problem. All the components of the template that I downloaded function together. I can't juck pick out the index.html file to view. When I go to the right url, the template is displayed in full. Now all I need to do is customize this template. Looks like things are pretty straightforward. I should teach myself more XHTML and CSS, but I already know a fair amount to be able to customize the template.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team