It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Replacement for FrontPage
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:19 pm 

FrontPage was discontinued from MS Office in 2003 and isn't supported anymore. Finally with Windows 7 it is falling apart :( I keep an old XP machine just to run FrontPage updates.

Any suggestions for a replacement for FrontPage? Are there any recommended open source tools out there? Some suggest DreamWeaver? MS hasn't come up with a replacement for it which is a great pity. FreeHostia has nice interfaces with FrontPage which I shal miss.

Post subject: Re: Replacement for FrontPage
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:51 am 
Site Admin

Loafer wrote:
FrontPage was discontinued from MS Office in 2003 and isn't supported anymore. Finally with Windows 7 it is falling apart :( I keep an old XP machine just to run FrontPage updates.

Any suggestions for a replacement for FrontPage? Are there any recommended open source tools out there? Some suggest DreamWeaver? MS hasn't come up with a replacement for it which is a great pity. FreeHostia has nice interfaces with FrontPage which I shal miss.

Hello,

In this situation I kindly advise you to download and install the trail version of Front Page 2003 from the website enclosed below:

http://marketsmaster.org/microsoft/offi ... page_2003/

Then you should not face any troubles to perform the needed modifications.

If you have any other questions or problems, please let us know.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:45 am 

Thanks for the post Widwool. I am already running the latest version of FrontPage 2003 with as many updates as were available until Microsoft stopped supporting it. Will this version be much different?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 am 

Since many website building programs are now installed on your server, they are accessible as long as you have internet access. This is convenient, because it allows you to make changes to your website from any computer.

Since Frontpage must be installed and used on a single computer, any updates or changes must also be done on that same computer. We will now list some of the many ways to build your website, some will be run from a local computer; while, some are server based meaning it is installed on your hosting account, and accessible over any internet connection.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team