It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Tool to Visualize Tables?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:34 am 

Hi there,

So this is a bit difficult to explain, but I'll try my best.

When working on an HTML e-mail template, it's touched a lot of different hands over time and gets used and reused frequently, and it's become a Frankenstein block of code, all structured using various tables, so it becomes a nested mess of <table><tbody><tr><td> from start to finish with the text living inside <td> but no additional tags, such as <p>.

The issue I'm struggling with is that when I want to remove a section of it, it's extremely difficult to tell where one tag ends and begins and visualize that in an actionable way. In text editors I'm able to see the open and close tags highlighted, but it doesn't paint a super clear picture of what the ramifications are when I remove that section. For example, I tried to remove a table, but somehow it resulted in a <td> seemingly being left open somewhere as the footer was now off to the right of the template.192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

TL;DR is there a way to paste code into some sort of tool and manipulate it that allows me to see what tags belong to what tables/structures? And not with the Inspect feature of a browser either.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Tool to Visualize Tables?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:50 pm 

Hello,

I am afraid that the control panel of our hosting account does not offer specific tools for such procedures. However, you may want to try the code editor in the File Manager which you can open by right-clicking on the desired file you wish to edit and selecting Code Editor if you have an account with us.

Post subject: Re: Tool to Visualize Tables?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:25 am 

I just use proper spacing and indentation in my code to be able to visualize structures. For example:

<table>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
</table>

Makes it pretty easy to see the individual omegle shagle rows.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team