It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: File size limit?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:05 am 
Currently i'm using the free hosting plan and is very delighted for the fast ticket reply..So i'm thinking of upgrading the plan.However,i saw the file size limit of 500kb on the control panel..is it will be the same if i upgrade my plan also??can only upload max 500kb of a single file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 am 
1.how do i purchase the "remove file size limit" service?i can't see it in the add services..
2.How do i know what file is copyrighted?Eg,pictures?exam papers?i know songs are copyrighted
3.If i'm on a free plan and i accidentally violated the rules,will my acc be deleted instantly or will give warnings first?How about the paid plan?same also?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:23 am 
4.CPU limit..What's that??traffic?uploading and downloading files?I can't find any resources about this term..sorry..
5.Bandwidth..my account doesn't show the bandwidth..always on 0Mb..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:29 pm 
6. i accidentally renewed my plan to 2013 year..can i revert back??because i want to add services but it costs me 70months!!sorry about that..was too curious and did a big mistake..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:40 pm 

juan wrote:
3.If i'm on a free plan and i accidentally violated the rules,will my acc be deleted instantly or will give warnings first?How about the paid plan?same also?
4.CPU limit..What's that??traffic?uploading and downloading files?I can't find any resources about this term..sorry..
5.Bandwidth..my account doesn't show the bandwidth..always on 0Mb..

I will answer your questions in order as you asked them.

3. No, your account won't be "deleted" instantly. I believe your account will be suspended and you will have to contact the support team for more info why it was suspended and they may or may not give you an opportunity to fix what you did wrong. This is a gift, most hosting services delete accounts on sight if even one rule was broke.

4. The CPU limit is how much 'stress' you are allocated on the FreeHostia servers. I do believe everyone gets an equal share of this, per plan.

5. I'm pretty sure the information shown in that section of the control panel is currently under maintenance. A staff member will respectfully address this problem solved when time is due.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:24 pm 
so what did actually cause the CPU limit?does it count when i download and upload files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:03 am 

when you run a PHP script it must compile it, big scripts use up alot of CPU power to compile, and if there is a big in a script i can use up too much CPU power and effect everyone elses experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:15 pm 

^^^ There's a good answer! I didn't know a how to word it, otherwise I would've said that! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team