It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Website Publishing-FrontPage and Pictures
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:12 am 

I am trying to use FrontPage to maintain a small website which somebody else developed and set up on Freehostia. I can easily maintain the word pages but when it comes to adding/changing pictures I just can’t get it to work. I open Frontpage on my PC and have tried adding pictures to various pages (using the ‘design’ feature as well as opening with ‘word’ and modifying/saving) and they all work ok on the website occurrence on my PC but when I ‘publish’ the changes to the site on Feehostia all I can see are picture frames with red crosses in top-left and sometimes the existing pics no longer appear. What am I doing wrong?

Post subject: Re: Website Publishing-FrontPage and Pictures
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 pm 

Tried that (Ticket # 116591) and got the reply - ' I am afraid that as there is no server side reason for a problem of that sort to occur we are unable to assist you. Please, remove the site content from your host and publish it again.' so I thought somebody on the forum might might be able to give a tyro a few pointers! Don't want to screw around with the live site! BTB I am using a free plan and the FrontPage word.html page with the pictures is 11 Kb!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team