It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Span Tags Inserted Into my HTML
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:12 pm 

Hello
Not only did a page from my site get replaced with another page that I was working on...
but the page that it was replaced with, now has <span> tags inserted all throughout it.

Why are there <span> tags inserted into my page?

And can I have my page recovered?

I know for a fact that I did not replace that first page with the html from the second (other) page that I was working on, nor did I insert <span> tags into the second (other) page that replaced the one that is now lost.

Post subject: Re: Span Tags Inserted Into my HTML
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:12 am 

Yes i opened a trouble ticket. all they did was tell me to change my password, and that they also commented out the htaccess file that prevented me from seeing my files in that folder from the web. This did NOT solve my issue

I closed the ticket, and thanked them for the assistance. luckily i was able to find a version of that memorial page from yesterday that i had saved on my computer. So no they did not solve my issue and i will have to change my htaccess file so that part of my site is not accessible to the web *sigh* :|

they also told me that they do not keep previous versions of webpages on their server. i do not believe that for a second.

Also, i tried to look into error reporting. While i have had error reporting set to ON for all of my main folders, the reports never seem to be available and it always says 0kb, and when i download it its a blank page. so their error reporting DOES NOT WORK from the client side.

People -- PLEASE save copies of your work on your machine. Freehostia will eat your files and spit them out with <span> tags attached to it. and supoort won't solve your issue if your files are ''lost'' in the server after you've saved it to the server a gajillion times wile working on your HTML.... :evil:

Post subject: Re: Span Tags Inserted Into my HTML
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:08 am 
Site Admin

VenusSatanas wrote:
Yes i opened a trouble ticket. all they did was tell me to change my password, and that they also commented out the htaccess file that prevented me from seeing my files in that folder from the web. This did NOT solve my issue

I closed the ticket, and thanked them for the assistance. luckily i was able to find a version of that memorial page from yesterday that i had saved on my computer. So no they did not solve my issue and i will have to change my htaccess file so that part of my site is not accessible to the web *sigh* :|

they also told me that they do not keep previous versions of webpages on their server. i do not believe that for a second.

Also, i tried to look into error reporting. While i have had error reporting set to ON for all of my main folders, the reports never seem to be available and it always says 0kb, and when i download it its a blank page. so their error reporting DOES NOT WORK from the client side.

People -- PLEASE save copies of your work on your machine. Freehostia will eat your files and spit them out with <span> tags attached to it. and supoort won't solve your issue if your files are ''lost'' in the server after you've saved it to the server a gajillion times wile working on your HTML.... :evil:

Hello,

1) Please note that you have accepted our Terms of Service during the registration of your hosting account with us where we have explained that we do not keep any backups of our clients data as you can see following the link below:

http://www.freehostia.com/terms/

Users are responsible for regularly monitoring and creating backups of their own files, and agree to use the Freehostia.com resources and infrastructure at their own risk. This Service is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither Freehostia.com nor its partners makes any warranty with respect to any content, information, services, or products provided through or in conjunction with this free service.

2) Also as I mu colleague has explained you the mentioned problem is not related to the server configuration or deleted data by our system. Therefore I kindly advise you to assure that you have not uploaded a wrong .html file in your domain folder.

If you have any other questions or problems, please re-open your ticket for further assistance regarding this matter. Thank you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Moderators, Support Team